Wednesday, 11 April 2007

In-Class Assigment - Reflection - Critical Reading Skills

In my opinion (lah kan), I think all the skills (that had been stated) that had been taught in this subject are very convenient. For me myself, after I’ve learnt all the skills, it made all my works become easier especially when it comes to do my journal. The most tricky skill for me is the “main idea” thingy. Sometimes, it made me confuse whether it’s the main idea or the supporting details. The easiest skill for me is of course the “fact and opinion”. I think most probably I’ll apply the “main idea” because I’ll understand more what I’m reading at the moment although that skill is the most difficult skill for me. As I’ve said earlier, my weakness is the “main idea”. So, in the exam especially, I’ll read the whole passage again and again until I find the main idea. Critical reading need us to be more alert with the passage (that’s my opinion lah kan) and it needs us to think outside the box. Critical reading is very important for us as the university students because we have to work using a lot of article with very serious issues and at the same time we’ll become more mature. I think most of my journals, I’ve applied the “bias” skill.

No comments: